Bush: I lost money too

WASHINGTON - PRESIDENT George W. Bush said he was confident that his own personal financial accounts had lost money in the financial meltdown, but would not find out for sure until he left office.

In an interview with CNN's Larry King on Tuesday, the president said his money was in a blind trust and he last spoke with the trustees eight years ago.

Mr Bush said he has 'no earthly idea' how much he and first lady Laura Bush had lost in the market slump, but said he was confident they had lost money.

Asked what part of the responsibility for the financial meltdown rests on his shoulders, Mr Bush defended his decisions on the financial system rescue plan and bailouts. -- AP

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

US Quake Test Goes “Horribly Wrong”, Leaves 500,000 Dead In Haiti

I'm an accountant, I hate my job, but seriously, I wouldn’t know what else to do

Have We Reached a Top?